Amazing! One of the most greatest and happiest experiences of our lives!Kelly & Stephen, Roxburgh Park
Thank you so much for the amazing experience!!Angela & Daniel, Femtree Gully
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
- WHAT IS 4D ULTRASOUND?
- This Ultrasound technology adds the fourth dimension of motion to the 3D image, resulting in a moving 3D image of your baby.
- IS 4D ULTRASOUND SAFE?
Absolutely! 4D ultrasound utilizes sound waves to look inside the body, just the same way as ordinary 2D ultrasound. 4D ultrasound is just as safe as 2D ultrasound and uses the exact same intensity of ultrasonic waves as the conventional 2D ultrasound. It is the software component of this advanced system that creates the amazing 3D/4D images in real time. Our guidelines dictate the system to be used in the Obstetric Application Mode. This mode is capped by the manufacturer (Philips) below the FDA limits. For more information please click on the link below:
- DOES THE 3D/4D SCAN REPLACE THE 18 TO 20 WEEK SCAN?
- No. This is not a diagnostic test and does not replace the doctor referred morphology scan at 18 to 20 weeks.
- WOULD MY IMAGES BE AS GOOD AS YOUR 4D EXAMPLES?
- We can not guarantee that all images will be as clear as our web images. However, we do guarantee that our equipment is the best in industry. To improve your image quality we recommend to keeping your self hydrated and if you’re a larger woman, we recommend to have your scan between 28- 30 weeks.
- WHAT IF I DON'T WANT TO KNOW THE SEX OF MY BABY?
- That can be avoided, just let us know beforehand.
- WHEN IS THE BEST TIME TO HAVE MY 4D ULTRASOUND SCAN?
- Optimum imaging is achieved at 25+ weeks gestation. By this age your baby is fully formed and has layered on fat. Therefore the ultrasound images are a life-like photograph of your unborn baby.
- ARE ANY PREPARATIONS REQUIRED BEFORE MY 4D ULTRASOUND SCAN?
The success of the 4D scan is ultimately dependent on your baby. However there are several things you can do to help keep your baby active just prior to your appointment. These include:
Keep yourself well hydrated. We recommend drinking one litre of water every day at least two weeks before your appointment. Indulge yourself with a chocolate bar, a cup of coffee or a hot chocolate just prior to your appointment time to keep your baby awake and active. Avoid food that causes you heartburn and indigestion. Go for a 15-20 minute walk prior to your appointment to keep your baby awake.
- WOULD THE EXTRA 4D ULTRASOUND BE HARMFUL TO MY BABY?
- No! 4D ultrasound uses the same sound intensity as the conventional 2D scans used in hospitals. Up to date there is no evidence of any adverse side-effects of ‘ultrasound’ to the baby and the mother.
- IF I AM A LARGER LADY, DOES THIS MEAN MY BABY IMAGES ARE NOT AS CLEAR?
- Ultrasound image quality in general is dependent on patient habitus and we will suggest for your scan to be around 27 weeks. However, at Ultrasound Imaging: 4D Bonding, we use state of the art technology to help compensate for this factor. Therefore the images we provide are ultimately the best in quality!